Tuesday, January 28, 2014

More light air, hanging in there.

Only one race today in less than 4 knots. Similar to yesterday it was hot and steady light breezes coming from the ocean. We have been sailing late in the afternoon since there has been no wind in the morning. I am happy with my speed most of the time. Today I had a very good for me light air race. 12th! I had a good start, and focused on maintaining a lane, looking for pressure, and staying on the edges of the course. Upwind I was pulling my mainsheet harder than yesterday, which seemed good. Downwind I have been focusing on clear air, flow over the sail and feeling pressure. I tried doing a couple lee to lee gybes which I learned from a video that Ed showed us last night of Luke Ramsay. Looks like more light air tomorrow, and then finally some wind on Thursday.

1 comment: