Friday, February 1, 2013

A short update on the last two days - Miami WC

From my phone, so this will be short. I had a great start to yesterday, rounding the windward mark in third after leading for a while. I was going fast downwind in a great grove when I capsized. needless to say I lost a bunch of boats. Second race was the other way around, I rounded behind a huge pack of boats, but played a shifty second upwind well, and finished 8th.

Weeds have been a major player in these races, I have been working on my wed clearing technique.
If you check the results, you will see that the regatta format is new. Today we started a second series, and only carried our place in the first series over as if it was one race.

Slightly poorer starts today, with only decent speed upwind, led me to tack out of bad air when I should have hung in with a shift. I finally put it together in the third race today, but was ocs trying to have a better start.

Now in 16th. Only two races tomorrow, forecast for 14 to 17. I expect the scores to mix up some more. I plan to go out and sail as best I can, keeping in mind all I have learned in the last week of racing.
heading to bed now, ready for another great day of racing, loving laser sailing right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment