Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Ft Lauderdale

It's great to be in Florida so I can focus full time on sailing! I just arrived today from Rhode island. It takes 24 hrs of driving, so I stopped to sleep twice, and arrived today in time to unload, put together my boat and go for a sail.

If you have never sailed from Lauderdale Yacht Club you are missing out. The ocean venue can produce every type of condition. Today we had a kind of variable NE wind 5-15 knots I guess? Although I was not out for too long since I had to catch a ride in with some other sailors. The sail from the club to the ocean and back is long! You do not want to be left out there when the wind is dying and the tide is going out because you might not make it back for a long time.


The Lauderdale Olympic Classes Regatta begins on Saturday, and we have 3 days of racing - Saturday-Monday. Technically it is a qualifier for the Americans for Miami World Cup Regatta. There are enough slots at the MWCR for americans that most of us trying to get a slot at this event will get one, but completely blowing the regatta is not an option. The forecast is for a front to move through in the next couple days, followed by light wind on Saturday. We will see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment