Sunday, January 31, 2016

End of Miami World Cup

Friday: After the gold fleets sailed we had three silver fleet races. A light wind from the west coming off the city was very shifty and sometimes the pressure would evaporate. It was tricky sailing to say the least. I had one mediocre race, one 2nd place, and a poor result around 30th.

All in all this has been yet another humbling, tough regatta. It is hard to stay mentally positive when my results don't reflect how much I know I have learned in the last few years. Of course a little perspective always helps and I appreciate how lucky I am to spend as much time as I have been pursuing laser sailing and competing in these elite regattas.

I also know that although my laser campaign will end pretty soon, I will continue to race lasers and pursue the answers to what to do in every situation, and practice executing what I know.

In a couple days I will sail in the Masters' week in Jensen Beach and West Palm Beach which will be a great opportunity to practice executing good reliable starts and sailing tactically conservative.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, sorry your results weren't what you wanted. You still kick ass!

    ReplyDelete