Sunday, September 7, 2014

Sept 7th - Santander

So after no wind this morning a nice sea breeze filled in. We had practice races and starts in 14 - 17 knots and some medium waves. My goal for tomorrow is to raise my confidence level. I have to say I was intimidated by all the good sailors and did not sail like I was in charge. A few good practice starts, but pulled the trigger a little late for the actual races and had to tack out and duck boats. Speed seemed fine, but for some reason I was letting doubt about all kinds of things get into my head. Tomorrow that will change and I will sail with confidence and initiative and focus on killer starts.

On a side note - Santander is a beautiful city especially from the ocean. There are city rental bikes and I rode all around the waterfront yesterday evening. There are some big hills.

Our launching area is about in the middle of the picture, and we sail on the ocean off the picture to the right.




No comments:

Post a Comment