Wednesday, December 10, 2014

A new day - day 3 Melbourne World Cup

So this was yesterday:


 We waited on shore and on the water until a late afternoon breeze filled in under overcast skies. Our two races were tricky, and I think I overcomplicated my thinking. It's hard not to be discouraged and get down after a day of poor decisions that cost you many positions in the regatta.

Today is a new day - I am psyched to be here competing regardless of the conditions or having a bad day on the water. I walked down to the boat park to find this:













I am sitting on the yacht club deck overlooking the stadium course. The mens laser fleet is about to start. Can't wait to race after them! Reminds me of San Francisco.








Today's mantra: Dominate the start and keep it simple. There is nothing better than racing on a day like today, getting good results would just be icing on the cake.




No comments:

Post a Comment