Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Melbourne World Cup Day 1

Sail Melbourne - Day 1 - Wind 14-17 kts SW ish

In 12th place at the end of the day. Not too bad, but would like to improve. I had potential to have to single digit finishes today, but had a couple slow runs where boats passed me. I nailed 2 out of 3 starts. (The second race was abandoned half way up the first leg when the weather mark was moving or something, so we re-started that one.) Third start I had a nice hole to leeward, but got a little too head to wind and let my German friend Sophie steal my hole. I think she was getting me back for not letting her cross me on port the race before! After tacking out to the right I was looking okay for a while on the right side of the fleet, but the left came in and I was never able to make gains on the leaders.

Goal for tomorrow - 2 more good starts and try to find a nice rhythm downwind.


No comments:

Post a Comment