Thursday, December 11, 2014

Day 3 recap

Okay, so I'm not as fast upwind in 25 knots and big waves as I thought, but regardless, today was awesome! The upwinds were grueling, I have some more work to do on the wave technique and fitness. The reaches were just as hard, since they were tight enough that it was hard to decide when to surf a wave down, you could only surf a few, most of them you would have to let roll under you so you could stay high enough. The down winds were amazing. Sort of in between big Santa Cruz waves and steep San Fran or Gorge waves. The wave surfing was really really fun.

I can't wait to do it again tomorrow! The forecast is similar, although starting later in the afternoon. We are back on the Green Point course with an early start. I'm anticipating a tamer version of today, which should be just as fun.

Oh - results - I moved up into 14th place. It might take a miracle to get in to the top ten for the medal race, but I am trying.

Dinner:

World Champion Heiner from NED and BEL dueling at the front of the men's fleet:








No comments:

Post a Comment